2A, General Studies, Homework

2A Homework

As a follow up to today’s Social Studies lesson on traditions, tonight’s homework is to talk about family traditions that you have. Please help your child comment on this blog post to share a family tradition with the rest of the class.

*2B will have this homework assignment tomorrow (over the weekend), after we have discussed it in Social Studies class.

14 thoughts on “2A Homework”

1. During Rosh Hashanah, I blow the shofar with my Popsi.
    Once a year, our family makes pickles together.
    Our family goes to the Rideau Bakery to buy round challah for Rosh Hashanah.
    Every year, I decorate the Seder plate with my grandparents and sister, Marlowe.

1. Hi Fenway,
      Thank you for sharing your traditions with us! I was lucky enough to taste some of last year’s pickles. Thanks for that special treat!
      -Morah Lianna

2. At Pesach our whole family gets together at my uncle and aunt’s house for the Seder. I like the choroset. I like that I get to spend it with everyone including my family that lives in Israel. I like getting the prizes for finding the afikoman.

1. Hi Sophia,
      Thanks for sharing your holiday traditions. Choroset is my favourite thing to eat on Passover!
      -Morah Lianna

3. Every Passover, Our family eats rice. Every shabbat, we eat chicken. On Shabbat, our parents bless their girls and we give each other kisses.

1. Hi Noa,
      Thanks for sharing your traditions with us. I love to go to my mom’s house for Shabbat dinner… she makes delicious chicken!
      -Morah Lianna

1. Hi Noa,
      Thanks for sharing your traditions! I wonder if we could try some of that cake at school. Can we buy it in a store here in Ottawa?
      -Morah Lianna

1. Unfortunately its something that I do with the kids for the kids so it is not in store. Noa is feeling ashamed talking about Yemenite tradition since it is not popular as she said ” no body does that” she is afraid that kids would ask her questions and laugh
        Noga

4. Every Friday night we have a family Shabbat dinner. We eat cuscus, chicken, potatoes and challah. Every year, on Sukkut, we build a Sukkah and invite our friends to visit it.

1. Hi Liam,
      Thanks for sharing your holiday traditions! I have never built a Sukkah, but I do enjoy going to friends’ houses for meals in the Sukkah.
      -Morah Lianna

5. Every sukkot we have matzah ball soup. Every passover we visit family. We wash our hands before every meal.we go to nana and pops’s house every summer.